Sunday, February 10, 2008

On Phonebooks and Cell Phone Numbers


Remember those times when you have a small notebook with the listings of all the telephone numbers that you need to keep such as that of your family, friends, acquaintances.

Seems like gone are those days as most of the numbers that we have to remember now are cell phone numbers. And how easy it really is to keep them on the mobile phone’s memory, particularly on the cell phone menu’s Contacts feature.

Indeed, some cellphone models can actually store in three to a thousand cell phone numbers, and it is just easy to retrieve any of these numbers that you need to call at any time. Just go to the corresponding name you assigned to the mobile phone number and voila! A quick call can be made.

I know a friend who still maintains his thick phone book, which contains not just land line numbers but a long cell phone number list as well. A back-up list he told me. The fact is, this friend of mine stores in (fastidiously, that’s how I see it) all the mobile phone numbers that go his cell phone’s way.

All first time callers will surely have their numbers stored on his phone. He says this practice saves him from embarrassment as he does not want anyone calling him a second time, and him not knowing who the caller is.

In my case, I would never acquire this habit. That’s why there are many instances when I would go through the cell phones numbers of the calls that I received, which unfortunately gets unsaved on my mobile’s phonebook as I can’t remember who the callers are.

I have not tried locating and finding out the identity of a caller via reverse cell phone number searches. And I don’t think I would try doing it. If the number gets to be left without knowing who the caller it, I let it be. That’s why in my cell phone’s phonebook, you can find unknown # 1, unknown # 2, #3, #4…

No comments: